Building Your Brand of Gold
There is a lot of conversation circulating about building your personal brand. If you take a look online, you might see personal branding defined 1 as “the practice of people marketing themselves and their careers as brands,” with terms like “self-packaging” thrown into the mix.
But, the discussion about personal branding is fairly superficial; what people are really talking about is having a digital brand. Digital branding can significantly influence how prospects view you, but it’s not the only thing that’s important when it comes to personal branding. There is a multi-facet process that starts with six impressions. Each impression forms an important piece of the puzzle to truly building a brand of gold.
In this ebook here is what you will learn:
- Ensure that your digital presence is strong and as credentialing as it can be.
- Spend time reaching out to people with written communication or over the phone, and make sure your messages are well thought out, respectful, and professional.
- When you engage with a prospect, make sure that you know something about their business, and can speak about business in general terms.
- Build trust in the relationship by being consistent, being honest, and following up.
- Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes and use empathy to understand their world.
- And finally, make sure that your deals end with a win-win outcome where both parties are happy. This is what it takes to build a brand of gold.
And, oh yes, make it enjoyable!
So make sure you have got your brand covered in a holistic fashion and see what difference it makes to your interactions.
Note: this article originally appeared on LinkedIn, January 29, 2019.