Improve Your B2B Marketing in 30 Minutes or Less
You are overwhelmed, I am overwhelmed – the whole darned world is overwhelmed. It seems there is so much required of each of us that we can’t find the time to get those big projects finished. But the good news is – there are many smaller actions you can take – in 30 minutes or less – that can individually or collectively have a big impact on your performance and your company’s results. Here are 20 such items.
- Obtain one (or more) customer testimonial(s).
- Call up a sales rep and really understand what is going on in his/her world. Better yet, call two.
- Write the introductory paragraph to the next great piece of sales collateral.
- Come up with a new and compelling offer.
- Call or email a strategic partner and get some joint marketing going.
- Figure out a strategy to add video and/or audio to your website and sales materials.
- Write a quick online customer survey to make sure you are on the right track.
- Improve your landing page performance by 10% or more by upgrading the copy, images or offer (perhaps all three?).
- Draft the outline for your next killer webinar.
- Tweak the copy on your best email promotion – with a goal of boosting response by 10%.
- Write the title and outline for your first or your next eBook.
- Evaluate your brand message/value proposition for differentiation and freshness.
- Figure out one way you can better support your company’s revenue goals.
- Write a memo to get budget authority for your next lead generation campaign.
- Come up with a theme for the next major social media outreach – perhaps one that will go viral.
- Write the first paragraph of your next blog (or the whole blog if you are really fast).
- Upgrade your metrics dashboard to best prove marketing’s contribution to revenue.
- Jot down three action items that can improve your website – from both an awareness and conversion perspective.
- Send a thank you note to a key customer, partner, vendor or colleague.
- Stop and ponder your good fortune – if possible, find a way to pay-it-forward.
Not all of these action items will require 30 minutes. Some will take you a bit more, some a bit less. But the point is, good marketing is not just about having a great overall strategy – it’s also about the daily smaller blocks of time – and how you can make these moments count. As I talked about in an earlier blog post, Actions Trump Ideas in B2B Marketing and Sales, we marketers are paid to make stuff happen.
Latest posts by Christopher Ryan (see all)
- 6 key Rules to Expand Your B2B Marketing Influence - July 21, 2017
- When It Comes to Marketing, Should you be Credible or Incredible? - July 10, 2017
- Boost Revenue with the Right B2B Marketing Funnel - June 28, 2017