A Dozen B2B Marketing Mantras for 2012
The Fusion Marketing Partners team got together last week to do our year end recap and strategize plans for 2012. The bottom line is that we had a good year. As part of the discussion, we talked about some guiding principles (mantras) for how we will conduct business in 2012. Here is a sampling that might give you some ideas for improvement in the coming year.
- Focus on the three marketing measurements that probably matter most to your organization: boosting awareness, generating leads and driving revenue.
- Continually improve the results that you deliver. Be better tomorrow, next month, next year. Work with your colleagues in marketing and sales organization to make this happen.
- Whenever possible, say yes to your customers/clients.
- Find new ways to add value, even when there is no fee attached.
- Consistently provide value that exceeds your client’s expectations.
- Turn your objectives and goals into actions and reality. Like Yoda said, “There is do or do not. There is no try.”
- Have fun at what you do and work with other people who have fun at what they do.
- Resist the urge to become overextended. Make sure to always leave time to take care of existing clients and your family.
- Learn the newest social media techniques and apply them with relentless consistency.
- Produce lots of quality content for your website and make sure it is optimized for organic search.
- Measure, measure, measure. What you can’t measure you can’t improve.
- In the end, it really is all about people – keep your team together and give them a chance to do great things.
Hope you have a great start to 2012 and make it your best year ever.
- B2B Marketing’s Role in Driving Revenue With Integrity - September 17, 2020
- How to Build Company Value in a Down Economy - August 25, 2020
- 6 Lessons B2B Companies Can Learn from Amazon - July 6, 2020